Thursday, July 06, 2006

Proud to Be An American

It was a great holiday weekend to be an American unfortunately I spent most of it in bed. (cough cough) I did get to drive from Orange County, California to LAX Airport near L.A. the night of July 4th at around 9 P.M. I've never seen so many fireworks in my life. The highway is raised just enough so you can see every neighborhood's legal fireworks, and every neighborhood's illegal fireworks. It was a beautiful site until I reached Torrance where it looked like they were aiming the fireworks at the highway. A woman on the news quoted the event as being a like scene from Bagdahd. I find it amazing that one of the most flamable states has the most fireworks, but it was still pretty kewl.

4 comments:

CatWoman said...

In Chicago too. I thought I was in Baghdad walking home from watching fireworks. It was scary. I was praying that they weren't going to throw an M80 out the window while I was walking by. It was the longest 3 blocks of my life. Whew. I did make it safe tho.

Anonymous said...

I hope your holiday wasn't too bad with that cough. But I agree with meow, Chicago fireworks were amazing. Plus there are like different ones you could have enjoyed. Maybe when I'm out of school and need to visit my agent, I'll come around the fourth there in Cali and see firsthand what you're talking about.

Anonymous said...

Sorry your sick. To answer your question. I deleted my myspace because I was never on there and got tired of the crap from the teenage boys. Hope you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Haha. We just legalized formerly "illegal" fireworks here in Indiana. We can shoot them off anytime we please.